Online registration and payment
Before you can hand in your passport and other documentation, you must register your application online and pay the fee. If this is the first time you are registering an application in the portal, you will need to create a user account first.
Once you have completed the application form online and paid the fee, you will receive confirmation by email with a copy of your application form (schengen.pdf), application summary and payment receipt attached. You need to print the application form (schengen.pdf) and submit it together with the other required documentation
The visa fee is EUR 80. Children under six years do not pay a fee. Children from the age of six years and below the age of 12 years shall pay a visa fee of EUR 40. Please visit the UDI website for information about other groups exempted from the visa fee.
Please note that you pay the fee when registering the application in the portal. Applicants exempted from the visa fee requirement will have the fee refunded.
If you are a applying for a visa as a family member to an EU/EEA citizen you are not required to pay the application fee.
Applicants exempted from paying the Visa Fee:
- Children under 6 years
- School pupils, students, post-graduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake trips for the purpose of study or educational training
- Researchers from third countries travelling for the purpose of carrying out scientific research, as per specific rules
- Applicants related to (spouse, descendant or dependent ascendant of) EEA citizen who are exercising their right to free movement (on production of relevant certificates (birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.)
- Applications for Entry visas (d-visa) for skilled workers (including their family members) who have received a concrete offer of employment.
- In certain cases, the fee may be waived or reduced in accordance with national legislation, when this would serve to promote cultural, foreign policy or development policy interests, other areas of vital public interest, or for humanitarian reasons.
Service fee and courier fee at the Norway Visa Application Centre (VFS)
In Kosovo, applications are received by the external service provider VFS Global, which charges a service fee. The fee is paid directly to VFS Global when submitting the application.
Please note that an additional courier fee of 22 EUR will also be added.
Optional services provided at the Visa Application Centre
Certain additional services offered by VFS are not included in the service fee. Please note that these services are optional. For more information please visit the VFS Global website.