Gather the necessary documentation
The checklist gives an overview of the documents you need to hand in to start the application process.
The following documentation must be submitted with the visa application by all applicants: (additional documentation may be required).
- Cover Letter, you received as confirmation on your email (PDF attachment) after you registered your application and booked time for submitting documents at Application Portal
- Passport photo not older than three months.
- Passport (and copies of used pages) valid for three months exceeding the date of return to Kosovo.
- Copies of previous visas (if you had any)
- Birth certificate, marriage certificate and certificate on joint household.
- Proof of occupation
- Health insurance with specific travel dates.
- If you are employed:
- Employment contract (certificate of business registration for owners of private enterprises) – translated into English
- Permission for leave – translated into English
- Bank statement for last three months.
- If you are student:
- Certificate from university/school translated into English.
- If you are retired:
- Pension certificate translated into English.
- For persons under 18 years old
- Birth certificate
- Valid passport (and copy of passport)
- Copy of parents passports
- Letter of consent signed by both parents, authorizing travel to Norway, translated into English language
Documents needed from inviting person/host in Norway, Denmark, Lithuania and Iceland
Visit family member/ friend
- Original “Guarantee form for visit” stamped by Norwegian authorities. For Denmark: VU2-document, for Lithuania: invitation signed and stamped by authorities, for Iceland: guarantee form for visit. These documents should not be more than 3 months old.
- Signed invitation from family member/friend.
- Copy of the guarantor’s passport or copy of valid residence permit
- Invitation in English from Norwegian company showing the company’s organization number and stating the purpose and length of the visit
- Letter in English from the Kosovo company about the purpose of the trip and the nature of the connection with the Norwegian part
- Business registration
- Bank statement
- Companies turnover for the last tax year