Before you apply
- You should apply well in advance and as a rule no later than 15 days before you plan to travel. Due to the courier sending of documents in some countries, we recommend that you apply at least 4 weeks prior to your planned departure.
- You may submit your application up to six months before your planned departure, or up to nine months for seafarers.
- We recommend that you do not buy your ticket until a visa has been granted.
- You must register your application online before you can hand in the required documentation.
- When you hand in your application, you will be asked to provide fingerprints, unless your fingerprints have been collected within the last 59 months.
In Kosovo, you will in most cases get the result of your application within 1-15 calendar days after the embassy has received the application.
In order to apply for a visa from Kosovo you must either be a citizen or legal resident of Kosovo, Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Romania, Moldova, Bulgaria, Northern Macedonia, Serbia and Montenegro. Third country citizens legally residing in Albania are also eligible to apply through the Embassy.