Residence permit

Citizens of Kosovo need a residence permit in order to work or to take up residence for longer than 90 days.

For nationals of other countries:

  • Nationals of EU/EEA countries do not need a residence permit to stay or work in Norway. However, all nationals of EU/EEA countries who want to stay for longer than three months must register with the police.
  • Nationals of non-EU/EEA countries who want to work in Norway or to stay for longer than 90 days need a residence permit.

The Directorate of Immigration (UDI) normally processes applications for a residence permit. 

Information to applicants in Kosovo:

Applications for visitor's visa and residence permit for Norway are handled by the Norwegian Embassy in Ankara, Türkiye. All applications are to be submitted through VFS Global in Prishtina. If you are applying for a visa to Iceland or Denmark, you are to follow the same process as if you were to apply for a visa to Norway. If you are applying for residence permit to Denmark please send an email to for instruction on procedure.