Hand in your documents
You must bring with you:
- a printout of the application form (schengen.pdf) received by email;
- the checklist and the documents listed.
- Your passport (must be valid for at least three months after your planned departure from the Schengen area)
- Photograph (must comply with international standards)
- Your travel health insurance policy
- You should be covered for at least EUR 30 000, including expenses in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, treatment in medical emergencies and/or emergency hospital treatment, and death
- Your insurance should be valid in all Schengen countries
- It should cover the whole of your planned stay in the Schengen area
- It should as a rule be purchased in your home country. If this is not possible it may be purchased in another country.
The application process will start once all the required documents have been submitted.
Submitting your visa application
You are required to meet in person at the VFS Global Application Center to submit your documents and to capture your biometrics (photo and fingerprints).
You must bring all the documents listed on the relevant checklist with you. You will find the relevant checklist under step 2 in this guide "Gather the necessary documentation". The Embassy will contact you if we need more information.
Please visit the VFS Global website to book an appointment online.
Opening hours at VFS Global
Submission of applications Monday to Friday 08:00 - 15:00
Walk-in business hours Monday to Thursday 08:00 - 11:00
Appointment business hours Monday to Friday 12:00 - 15:00
Passport Collection Monday to Thursday 11:00 - 15:00
VFS Global, 5th Floor, Parkfield Building
Muthangari Drive, Off Waiyaki Way, Opposite Safaricom House
Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Please note that the Embassy cannot receive any physical mail regarding visa applications. All physical documents must to be delivered at the VFS Global Application Center.
EU/EEA family members
EU/EEA family members can apply directly at the Embassy in Nairobi, and pay no visa fee. Please check UDI website to check if you fall under these specific rules.