From 1 August 2018, the Embassy became an Immigration Hub, handling Schengen visas and residence application from all the countries in East.
The reception of applications has been outsourced to VFS application centers in some of the countries that the Embassy covers. All applicants will submit their applications there, while the Embassy is processing these applications.
The visa officer will mainly be working with Schengen visas and family immigration cases. Tasks will include ID control, registration of cases, conducting interviews and DNA tests, and working closely with colleagues in the visa section. The Visa Officer will be required to file and organize the applications and follow up on incoming correspondence, e-mail queries and phone calls. The Visa Officer will also be required to show initiative to gain sufficient knowledge of the Schengen regulations, internal procedures and work instructions. These different tasks need to be handled with care and accuracy.
We are looking for candidates from Kenya or candidates with a work permit in Kenya.
- Good oral and written English skills
- Must be computer literate
- Higher education (university level)
- Experience from similar work will be an advantage
- Must be a quick learner, and work accurately
- Must understand the requirements for the confidentiality and discretion that the work requires.
- Must show initiative and be interested in acquiring new knowledge.
- Must be service minded, provide good customer service and treat applicants of all backgrounds and origins with respect.
- Must contribute to a good work environment
We are looking for candidates who are good team-workers, but at the same time independent when it comes to performing duties.
The visa officer may, when needed, be required to perform other duties at the Embassy.
Application and CV to be forwarded by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please name the e-mail as “Application for Visa Officer”.
Application deadline: 22 September 2019