Before you apply
- You should apply well in advance and as a rule no later than 15 days before you plan to travel. Due to the courier sending of documents in some countries, we recommend that you apply at least 4 weeks prior to your planned departure.
- You may submit your application up to six months before your planned departure, or up to nine months for seafarers.
- We recommend that you do not buy your ticket until a visa has been granted.
- You must register your application online before you can hand in the required documentation.
- When you hand in your application, you will be asked to provide fingerprints, unless your fingerprints have been collected within the last 59 months.
Applicants applying as a group must submit their applications together at the same time at VFS. If you are unable to hand in your applications as a group we advise that you either register smaller groups, or single applications.
In Jordan, you will in most cases get the result of your application within 15 days after the Embassy has received the application.
In order to apply for a visa to Norway from Jordan you must either be a citizen of Jordan or Iraq or legally reside in one of these countries.
In order to apply for a visa to Denmark, Finland or Iceland from Jordan you must either be a citizen of Jordan or legally reside in Jordan.
Third country citizens with a residence permit in Jordan or Iraq can apply for a visa to Norway in Amman. Third country citizens without a residence permit in Jordan or Iraq, who wish to apply for a visa to Norway, must send an e-mail to the Embassy explaining the need to submit the application in Jordan. The Embassy will assess each request individually. If the applicant is allowed to submit the application in Jordan, they need to present a print out of the Embassy’s approval when they apply at the Visa Application Centre.