The Norwegian Foreign Service has a world-wide network of around 100 embassies and consulates representing Norwegian interests. Bilateral ties between Norway and Jordan were established in 1969, and the Embassy was opened in 1994. The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Amman is also accredited to Iraq.
All our employees must respect Norwegian values, including non-discrimination of gender, race and religion. Applicants are expected to be loyal, honest and trustworthy.
Applications in writing (cover letter) with CV in English, should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include at least two references from present and/or previous employers.
Applications deadline: 1 October 2019
Commencement date: November 2019
The probationary period is six months.
Certificates and references enclosed to the application will not be returned to sender. Original certificates etc. should therefore only be presented at the interview.
- Administration of development and humanitarian projects in Jordan and Iraq throughout the project period, from receiving the application to finalizing the project.
- Analysing project outcomes and results.
- Maintaining the dialogue with our partners, incl. project visits, project meetings, and field trips.
- Maintaining a detailed overview of the Embassy’s project portfolio and upcoming activities.
- Assisting the political team with analysis of the political and economic situation in Jordan and the region.
- Assisting the Embassy with other assignments, such as visits, organization of seminars, cultural activities etc upon request.
Tasks may be changed according to needs.
- University degree at master level
- Minimum 3 year relevant, qualified and documented working experience
- Languages: Fluency in Arabic and English
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of humanitarian/development affairs
- Excellent command of MS office
- Excellent writing skills
- Good analytical abilities
- Good understanding and interest in the political situation in Jordan, Iraq and the region.
- Independent and flexible
- Ability to take initiatives
- Good communication and cooperation skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask