The Norwegian Foreign Service has a world-wide network of around 100 embassies and consulates representing Norwegian interests. The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Amman opened in July 1994. The Embassy is located in Abdoun, in the western part of Amman.
The Embassy is looking for a new Visa and Immigration Officer, starting January 2023. The successful candidate will be part of a team of visa officers, responsible for preparing and processing visa and immigration cases from the Middle East and North Africa region.
The position is permanent, following the completion of a successful probation period of three months.
Applications deadline: December 1st, 2022
Employment period: Permanent
Tasks include registering and processing cases, contact with applicants, and Visa application Centers run by an external service provider, as well as conducting interviews.
The Visa Officer shall be prepared to assist with other tasks at the Visa Section, and at the Embassy, not necessarily directly connected to the Visa and Immigration issues.
- Must be fluent in English and Arabic. Knowledge of Kurdish will be an advantage.
- Higher education (University level) is desirable, but experience from similar work can be equally valued.
- Excellent command of MS office
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience from visa and/or consular work from other Schengen embassies is an advantage.
- Co-working: Good team worker. Ability to fit into an existing work environment.
- Performance: Systematic, efficient, flexible, independent, and able to take initiative.
- Maturity: High integrity, inclusive, empathic
- Applicants must be a citizen of Jordan, or have a legal, long-term residence and work permit in Jordan.
- The Norwegian Embassy strives to maintain a good and inclusive work environment.
- Competitive salary
- Local staff are currently required to pay income tax to both Jordan and Norway.
Applications in writing (cover letter) with CV in English, should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Cover letter and CV should be sent as a single PDF-file)
Please mark the e-mail: Job Application Visa Officer. Please include at least two references from present and/or previous employers.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.