The Norwegian Foreign Service has a world-wide network of around 100 embassies and consulates representing Norwegian interests. Bilateral relations between Norway and Iraq were established 40 years ago. Today, Norway is accredited to Iraq through The Norwegian Embassy in Amman and has an Embassy office located at the Swedish Embassy compound in Baghdad. The person selected for the vacancy will work at our office in Baghdad.
In connection with the Norwegian membership in the United Nations Security Council 2021-2022, the embassy is expanding our political team. We are recruiting a new Political Analyst for a temporary position until the end of 2022. We are offering interesting and challenging tasks in a good working environment as well as competitive salaries for the right person.
All our employees must respect Norwegian values, including non-discrimination of gender, race and religion. Applicants are expected to be loyal, honest and trustworthy.
Applications in writing (cover letter) with CV in English, should be submitted to: email@example.com
Please mark the e-mail: Application for vacancy. Please include at least two references from present and/or previous employers.
Applications deadline: 31 May 2021
Employment period: September 2021- 31 December 2022
The probation period is six months.
Certificates and references enclosed to the application will not be returned to sender. Original certificates etc. should therefore only be presented at the interview.
- Advise the Diplomatic staff on political developments in Iraq and identify the different stakeholders and political actors in various fields
- Monitor and analyse the political situation, social media, elections and developments in Iraq
- Develop and maintain relations with senior government officials, parliamentarians and representatives of political parties, liaise with Ministries and State institutions, Government bodies, civil society organisations, journalists, academics and UN organisations
- Participate in the drafting of reports, analysis, talking points, briefing materials, speeches and other relevant documents
- In co-ordination with the Diplomatic staff, participate at conferences, seminars, meetings and other events. Organize meetings and events and write summaries.
- Translation and interpretation
- Performing other tasks as required.
Tasks may be changed according to needs.
- University degree at master level.
- Minimum 3 year relevant and documented work experience.
- Languages: Fluency in Arabic and English
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of political affairs
- Excellent command of MS office
- Excellent writing skills
- Good analytical abilities
- Good understanding and interest for the political situation in Iraq and the region
- Knowledge of Kurdish language is an advantage
- Independent and flexible
- Ability to think creatively and take initiatives
- Ability to establish and maintain relations and network
- Good communication and cooperation skills
- Attention to detail and discretion
- Robust and able to handle stress
Valid Iraqi residency is a requirement.