Before you apply
- You should apply well in advance and as a rule no later than 15 days before you plan to travel. Due to the courier sending of documents in some countries, we recommend that you apply at least 4 weeks prior to your planned departure.
- You may submit your application up to six months before your planned departure, or up to nine months for seafarers.
- We recommend that you do not buy your ticket until a visa has been granted.
- You must register your application online before you can hand in the required documentation.
- When you hand in your application, you will be asked to provide fingerprints, unless your fingerprints have been collected within the last 59 months.
If you plan to visit Norway for less than 90 days, you can apply for a visitor's visa. With this visa you can visit all Schengen countries. Because of the situation in Iran, it can be difficult for applicants from Iran to get a visa. You can read more about this here.
Some persons who have a residence permit in an EU/EEA country or a special passport, do not need to apply for a visitor's visa.
In order to apply for a visa from Iran you must either be a citizen of Iran or legally reside in Iran.
It is the person who wants to come to Norway who has to apply. If you want someone to act on your behalf in connection with your application, you must authorise this person to do so. Please visit the UDI website for more information and the relevant form.
If you have any questions about visitor's visas, you can contact VFS Global's Visa Application Centre (Helpline: + 98 218 280 5915)
Who can get a multiple-entry visa (Information here)