Purpose of the position
To support the Embassy’s work in following official Iranian news outlets and official communication from the Iranian government. Translations and summaries in English.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Prepare daily translations/summaries of the Persian press.
- Interpreting for diplomatic staff.
- Preparation of notes and other written communication from the Embassy in Persian.
- Other practical administrative tasks.
- University education at master’s level or higher.
- Good knowledge and overview of official Iranian news outlets.
- Good understanding of government structures and procedures.
- Excellent writing skills in English and Farsi.
- Experience in compiling information and preparing summarizing reports.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office package and comfortable working with numbers.
- At least three (3) years of relevant professional experience.
- Fluency in English and Farsi.
Some travel and overtime might be required. The Embassy is seeking an adviser/translator who will be a positive contribution to the good working-environment at the Embassy.
The Embassy will offer a competitive salary with a social benefit package.
Please send your application letter and CV by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 31st. Applications not containing an application letter will be rejected.