Norway and Iran have had diplomatic relations since 1908 and the Norwegian Embassy in Tehran opened in 1959. Norway and Iran had extensive academic and business cooperation before international sanctions made continued involvement in Iran difficult. Norwegian companies were heavily involved in the Iranian oil sector. After the nuclear agreement entered into force in January 2016 we have seen a substantial uptake in business relations.
The Embassy’s objective is to promote Norwegian interests and serve Norwegian citizens in Iran.
Purpose of the position
The advisers are part of the embassy’s political and economic/commercial teams. The purpose of the position is to improve access to information and flow of work.
Key functions and responsibilities:
- Support the work of the political and economic/commercial teams.
- Collate media reports, analyze ongoing events and relevant issues, conduct research, compile basic statistical information, find and translate information online.
- Some interpreting and supporting delegations or events should be expected.
- Core competencies: Education/course work or a proven record in the field of economics and/or political analysis. Comfortable using computers and working with numbers.
- Experience: At least two (2) years of relevant professional experience. Business experience is a plus, particularly from a foreign company.
- Language Requirements: Fluency in English and Farsi is required.
The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Tehran is looking for a committed, driven, independent, communicative, and organized adviser with a good understanding of economics, from either work-experience or education, and a keen interest in politics. Fluent in Farsi and with excellent knowledge of English. Some travel and overtime might be required.
The Embassy will offer a competitive salary with a social benefit package.
Please send your application and CV by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 18th 2018.