The position will have varied working-hours. It will require overtime in the afternoons, evenings and sometimes at night. The job also entails other administrative tasks, like for example:
- Drive the Ambassador and other Embassy staff to appointments.
- Carry out other official and administrative transport assignments.
- Maintain the Embassy vehicles, including responsibility for insurance, keeping driving records etc.
- Deliver and pick up goods and correspondence.
- Handle customs clearances of Embassy goods.
- Carry out regular administrative and practical duties in the Chancery.
- Assist in manning the Embassy reception.
- Assist colleagues with various practical tasks when necessary.
- Fill in for colleagues during holidays.
- Occasional manual work at the Embassy and at the Diplomats’ houses (moving of furniture etc.)
- Carry out “handy man” tasks in the Chancery.
- Other duties as they are assigned by Diplomatic staff.
- Driver’s license and good driving skills.
- Fluency in English and Farsi, both written and oral.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work evenings, nights and weekends when required.
Terms and conditions
- Full-time permanent position (6 Month probation period).
- Working week is Sunday through Thursday.
- Overtime payment.
- At least two references from present and/or previous employments.
- Please note that only cover letter and CV in English will be considered.
Please send your application, CV and copy of driver’s license by e-mail to email@example.com no later than Thursday, 22 November 2018.