Purpose of the position
Serving as the personal assistant to the Head of Mission.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Maintain and update Ambassador’s calendar and schedule appointments.
- Coordinate Ambassador’s program with rest of staff.
- Preparation of notes and other written communication from the Embassy in English and Persian.
- Organize events at the Embassy, Residence and externally.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for Embassy staff and guests of the Embassy.
- Prepare translations as needed to/from Persian/English.
- Handle requests and queries appropriately.
- Interpreting services for the diplomatic staff.
- Other practical administrative tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Farsi.
- University education at bachelor’s level or higher.
- Experience in administrative work, preferably from another Embassy.
- At least three (3) years of relevant professional experience.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel).
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Experience in working under pressure.
We expect you to be supportive and show flexibility in the day-to-day running of the Embassy. Some overtime might be required. The Embassy is looking for a person who will be a positive contribution to the good working-environment at the Embassy.
The position is permanent and the probation period is six months. The Embassy will offer a competitive salary with a social benefit package.
Please send your application (cover letter and CV) by e-mail to [email protected] no later than 25 January 2020. Please write "Application PA 2020" in the subject field. Applicants who fail to provide a cover letter or CV will not be considered for the position.
We wish you the best of luck with your application.