The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Jakarta is accepting applications for the position of Development and Administrative Officer in its team for political, economic and grant management issues.
The Embassy is accredited to Indonesia, Timor-Leste and ASEAN and is part of the Norwegian Foreign Service representing the political, economic, development cooperation, immigration and consular interests of the Kingdom of Norway. The Embassy has nine diplomats and twenty locally employed staff. Key tasks include strengthening the political contact with Indonesia, Timor-Leste and ASEAN, assisting Norwegian citizens, promoting Norwegian businesses, and building partnerships on politically prioritized areas. Through annual allocations by the Norwegian Government, the Embassy manages grants to partner institutions, including government bodies, multilateral institutions and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in areas such as climate change and forest, sustainable oceans and human rights.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Grant management with particular focus on human rights projects. This involves assessments of new applications, partner institutions’ progress reports, budgets and financial reports, as well as the execution of disbursements and other tasks relating to the grant management cycle.
- Information gathering, through media and networking, on the human rights situation, the situation for vulnerable groups as well as the political situation in Indonesia.
- Build a relevant network of contacts in government structures, NGOs, the media, and the academic community.
- Write minutes of meeting, summaries, assessments and reports.
- Organise and facilitate meetings and seminars.
- Assist in organising receptions, Embassy events, cultural events and so forth.
- Prepare texts to be published in social media.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, economics, law, etc.
- A strong personal interest for international questions as well as Indonesian developments and society, including in the areas of politics and human rights.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience from government, academia, embassies, NGO or private sector in Indonesia. Experience with human rights questions and grant management will be an advantage.
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia, written and spoken. Very good command of the English language, written and spoken. English language skills will be tested before employment.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, PowerPoint).
- Readiness to take on new tasks and areas of responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- High ethical awareness and personal integrity.
- Strong ability to work independently.
- Good communication skills, both written and orally.
- Ability to analyse, describe and communicate complex issues.
- Structured approach to problem solving, goal oriented.
- Attention to details.
What we offer:
- Contract with indefinite period (permanent position) and competitive salary.
- A working environment characterised by an informal atmosphere and supportive colleagues.
- Exposure to a wide range of tasks and responsibilities.
- Grant management training in Norway.
- Good opportunities for professional development.
- Selected candidates will be required to sit for a written test to document their English skills.
- Professional references may be collected for selected candidates.
- The Development and Administrative Officer will be employed from September 2019.
- A probation period of three months apply.
- Embassy Management may adjust areas of responsibility according to the Embassy’s needs.
How to apply:
- Please send your cover letter of no more than 500 words and a CV in English with the subject “Application - Development and Administrative Officer” to email@example.com
- Deadline for submitting applications: 9 June 2019.