The Embassy is accredited to Indonesia, Timor-Leste and ASEAN and represents the political, economic, development cooperation and consular interests of the Kingdom of Norway. The Embassy has eight diplomats and fifteen local staff. Key tasks include strengthening the political contact with Indonesia, Timor-Leste and ASEAN, assisting Norwegian citizens, promoting Norwegian businesses, and building partnerships on prioritized areas. Through annual allocations by the Norwegian Government, the Embassy manages grants to partner institutions, including government bodies, multilateral institutions, and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in areas such as climate change and forest, sustainable oceans, human rights as well as other areas.
Areas of responsibility:
- Under the supervision of the Ambassador to ASEAN, perform grant management for ASEAN related projects. This involves assessments of new applications, partner institutions’ progress reports, budgets and financial reports, liaising with the ASEAN Secretariat and partner institutions as well as the execution of disbursements and other tasks relating to the grant management cycle.
- Prepare background memos and updated information on ASEAN questions to the Ambassador to ASEAN.
- Monitor the political situation in Indonesia and provide information on current affairs to the Embassy’s diplomatic staff.
- Build and maintain a network of contacts at the ASEAN Secretariat, relevant government institutions, foreign embassies, NGOs and the academic community.
- Write minutes of meeting, summaries, assessments and reports.
- Organise and facilitate meetings and seminars.
- Assist in organising receptions, embassy events, cultural events and so forth.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, economics, law, etc.
- A strong interest for international questions as well as Indonesian politics and society.
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience from international organisations, government, academia, embassies, NGOs or private sector in Indonesia. Candidates who can document experience with ASEAN questions and grant management involving foreign grants will be preferred.
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia, written and spoken. Very good command of the English language, written and spoken. English language skills will be tested before employment.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer, PowerPoint).
- Readiness to take on new tasks and areas of responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- High ethical awareness and personal integrity.
- Strong ability to work independently.
- Good communication skills, both written and orally.
- Ability to analyse, describe and communicate complex issues.
- Structured approach to problem-solving, goal oriented.
- Attention to details.
What we offer:
- Contract with permanent position and competitive salary.
- A working environment characterised by an informal atmosphere and supportive colleagues.
- Grant management training in Norway (subject to the directions of the Norwegian MFA).
- Good opportunities for professional development.
- Selected candidates will be required to sit for a written test to document their English skills.
- Professional references may be collected for selected candidates.
- Embassy Management may adjust areas of responsibility according to the Embassy’s needs.
- The Project Manager will be employed from August or September 2021.
- A probation period of three months applies.
- The developments of the Covid-19 pandemic may impact the timeline for recruitment.
How to apply:
- Please send your cover letter of no more than 400 words and a CV in English with the subject Application - Project Manager to email@example.com
Deadline for submitting applications: 8 June 2021. Applications after this date will not be accepted