Before you apply
- You should apply well in advance and as a rule no later than 15 days before you plan to travel. Due to the courier sending of documents in some countries, we recommend that you apply at least 4 weeks prior to your planned departure.
- You may submit your application up to six months before your planned departure, or up to nine months for seafarers.
- We recommend that you do not buy your ticket until a visa has been granted.
- You must register your application online before you can hand in the required documentation.
- When you hand in your application, you will be asked to provide fingerprints, unless your fingerprints have been collected within the last 59 months.
In order to apply for a visa from India, you must either be a citizen of India, Bhutan, Nepal, Sri Lanka or Maldives or legally reside in one of these countries.
If you do not reside in India, Bhutan, Nepal, Sri Lanka or Maldives you must provide a justification for lodging the application from India.
If you are two (2) or more people travelling as tourists to Norway, it is highly recommended that you apply as a group in order to save time. Read more here.
It is possible to use the assistance of a travel agency. Please note that agencies have no decision making authority or influence on case assessments. A representative, e.g. a travel agency, can apply on behalf of an applicant if they have a written consent from the applicant