Before you apply
- You should apply well in advance and as a rule no later than 15 days before you plan to travel. Due to the courier sending of documents in some countries, we recommend that you apply at least 4 weeks prior to your planned departure.
- You may submit your application up to six months before your planned departure, or up to nine months for seafarers.
- We recommend that you do not buy your ticket until a visa has been granted.
- You must register your application online before you can hand in the required documentation.
- When you hand in your application, you will be asked to provide fingerprints, unless your fingerprints have been collected within the last 59 months.
In order to apply for a visa from India, you must either be a citizen of India, Bhutan or Nepal, or legally reside in one of these countries.
If you do not reside in India, Bhutan or Nepal, you must provide a justification for lodging the application from India.
If you are two (2) or more people travelling as tourists to Norway, it is highly recommended that you apply as a group in order to save time. Read more here.
It is possible to use the assistance of a travel agency. To see the list of accredited agencies, please click on the below link. Please note agencies have no decision making authority or influence on case assessments.