The Royal Norwegian Embassy in New Delhi is the diplomatic representation of the Government of Norway in India and Bhutan and is situated on Shantipath, Chanakyapuri.
The Embassy is a busy workplace with a total of 15 diplomatic and 32 local staff. Innovation Norway, our Commercial Section, is also based within the Embassy. The Embassy is a visa hub for the region and covers cases for Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka and Maldives.
The Norwegian Embassy has a short-term vacancy for an authorized Visa Officer. The period of work is set to April-September, with the possibility of an extension. The vacant position’s areas of responsibility will be as a case officer within the Visa Section.
- Evaluation and assessment of visa applications
- Processing of visa applications and decision making
- General assistance in all visa related matters according to instructions
- Nordic citizenship (Norway, Sweden, Denmark or Finland)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of one of the Nordic languages is required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required as main working language
- Computer literacy required
- Previous experience from work within visa or immigration will be given weight
- Relevant experience from working in administrative roles will be an advantage
- Structured, organized, open and transparent.
- Ability to work independently and in team
- Ability to contribute productively
- Flexible when it comes to work tasks and work time in high season.
- Good cooperation skills, including communicating clearly, actively listening to others, taking responsibility, and respecting the diversity of colleagues
Terms and conditions
- The Embassy follows Indian law with respect to employment rights
- Salary in accordance with education and experience
- Social security benefits will be in accordance with the social security legislation in India
- Working days; Monday-Thursday (08.30-16.30) Friday (08.30-14.00) and 25 days annual leave.
- Necessary training will be provided on the job
- Offer of position is dependent on being cleared and accepted as an authorized officer by the Foreign Ministry in Norway
A brief application letter (maximum 1 page) with CV and necessary documentation of education and work experience may be sent to the Embassy by e-mail- email@example.com within 17th of March 2023. Scanned copies may be used for the application but the applicant must be able to present the originals if requested.
Please include 1-2 references with complete contact information (telephone/mobile number and email address).
Questions relating to the position may be directed to Counsellor Tore Rolland (Tore.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Questions relating to the application process may be directed to our Office Manager- Pradeepa T.C. (email@example.com).
For any other information please contact the Embassy by telephone 011-41363200.
Deadline for application: 17th of March 2023