The Embassy is a busy workplace with a total of 16 diplomats and 34 local staff. Innovation Norway, our Commercial Section, is also located within the Embassy. The Embassy is a visa hub for the region and covers cases for Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka and Maldives. Norway is also represented by a Consulate General in Mumbai and Honorary Consulates in Chennai and Kolkata.
We have a vacancy for the position of Office Manager coming up. The position’s areas of responsibility will be a coordinating role for work in the Administrative Section.
- The areas of responsibility for the position may be adjusted over time according to the Embassy’s needs.
- Day to day management of Staff in the Administrative Section.
- Managing aspects concerning Embassy housing – administration of the guest units and service apartments.
- Maintain inventory lists in cooperation with the Embassy accountant.
- Oversee holiday and vacation planning and maintain records for the local staff members
- Contractual issues concerning local staff and sub-contractors
- Maintaining office services by organizing office operations and procedures
- Organizing events
- Assign and monitor clerical functions
- Review and approve supply requisitions
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working in an International Organization, preferably within the field of administration and management.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and communication skills
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Ability to contribute to a good work environment
- Knowledge of the Nordic countries and Scandinavian languages will be an advantage.
- Open and transparent.
- Ability to work responsibly.
- A good team player.
Terms and conditions
- The Embassy follows Indian law with respect to employment rights.
- Competitive salary in accordance with education and experience.
- Working days: Monday-Thursday (08.30-16.30) Friday (08.30-14.00) and 25 days annual leave.
A brief application letter with CV and necessary documentation of education and work experience may be sent to the Embassy by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Scanned copies may be used for the application, but the applicant must be able to present the originals if requested.
A Police verification certificate is mandatory upon selection.
For applicants who are not Indian citizens, a certificate of legal status in India must be submitted.
Please include 2-3 references with complete contact information (telephone/mobile number and email address)
For more information, please contact Mr Niels Jacob Justesen, Counsellor and Head of Administration on 011-41363200.
The applications must be received by COB 18.11.2022.