The Royal Norwegian Embassy in New Delhi, has a vacant full time position as “Visa Officer” in the Immigration and Consular Section from May/June 2017.
The Embassy has a total of 15 diplomatic staff and 28 local employees, in addition to our commercial section, Innovation Norway with 10 employees. Currently there are 7 employees in the Visa & Consular Section.
The Embassy is located in Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, and handles visa- and residence permit applications from India and Bhutan. In August 2017 the Embassy will start handling applications from Nepal.
- Register visa applications from Nepal, India and Bhutan
- Data registration in electronic database
- Capture biometrics
- Handle enquiries regarding visa, residence and work permits
- Answer inquiries by telephone and email
- Check applications and documentation (verifications)
- Perform interviews with applicants and reference persons
- Communication between applicants, Consulates, Norwegian Immigration Authorities, VFS application centers, Norwegian/Indian/Bhutanese/Nepalese companies etc.
- Filing, scanning and archiving of visa applications
- Prepare applications for Norwegian passports
- Assist in consular cases
- General assistance in visa and consular matters according to instructions
- Take part in other parts of the Embassy work, when required
- Solid knowledge of Nepal
- Fluent verbal and written Nepali and English
- Graduate degree or commercial diploma or equivalent required
- Min. 2 years of work experience in an administrative environment
- Good knowledge of computer applications
- Ability to communicate effectively, concisely and appropriately to all clients
- Previous experience in related field (immigration) will be an added advantage
- Flexible approach during visa high season (April to August) with limited possibilities to take holidays, irregular working hours with payed overtime may occur.
- Ability to work structured, independently and efficiently
- Team oriented
- Ready to be part of an international work environment
- Solid communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work in stressful situations
- Service minded
- Loyal and professional approach
- Ability to participate productively as a contributing member in a team environment
Terms and conditions
- The Embassy is following Indian Law with respect to employment rights
- Salary in accordance with education/experience and skills
Social security benefits in accordance with the social security legislation in India
Working days: Monday-Friday and 25 days annual vacation
- Full time position with 6 months’ probation period and a 37,5 hour week incl. lunch
Your application should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org March 30, 2017.
We recommend you to submit an application that includes:
- curriculum vitae, a motivation letter, 2 reference letters from former employers, course certificate(s).
- specification on your knowledge on Nepal
- clarification on your level of both Nepali and English, and your computer skills.
Please mark the subject field with; “APPLICATION FOR POSITION AS A VISA OFFICER _NEPAL_ your name”.
More information regarding the position can be obtained by mailing or calling the Mission.
Email: email@example.com, Phone: 011 41363200