The Embassy has a total of 15 diplomatic staff and 28 local staff, in addition to our commercial section, Innovation Norway with 10 staff.
The Embassy has a vacant position as Senior Adviser on Global Health in the Cooperation team. The vacancy is a full time project position for three years, with an initial six (6) month probation period. The position will become available in June or July 2018.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Handle the day-to-day management of Norway India Partnership Initiative (NIPI), a program that supports the National Health Mission in its efforts to improve maternal and child health in India.
- Network with relevant actors in the area of global health, in India and internationally, including Indian and Norwegian government institutions, other development partners, research organisations and private sector actors.
- Analyse and assess data, reports and evidence in order to assist the Embassy in preparing technical reports, policy briefs, media briefs and speeches on a variety of global health issues
- Public Health Professional, preferably with a postgraduate degree, or similar.
- 5-7 years of experience in health policy programming and/or academics.
- Experience from programme implementation and management from public, private or the NGO sector is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Fluency in English and Hindi is a requirement. Knowledge of additional languages is an asset
- Analytical, structured, independent and efficient
- Sound judgement and integrity
Terms and conditions
- The Embassy is following Indian law with respect to employment rights
- Salary in accordance with education and experience
- Social security benefits will be in accordance with the social security legislation in India.
- Working days; Monday-Friday and 25 days annual vacation
- Necessary training will be provided both on the job and through mandatory courses in Oslo, Norway.
More information regarding the position can be obtained by contacting the Royal Norwegian Embassy:
E-mail: [email protected], Phone: 011 41363200
Short applications, with Curriculum Vitae, including three (3) recent references may be sent electronically to [email protected]. Please write “Application, Senior Adviser Global Health” in the subject field.
Deadline for submitting applications: 23 April 2018.