NBAI was launched in 2013, facilitated and formed by Norwegian companies in India with support from the Royal Norwegian Embassy in India and Innovation Norway’s office in New Delhi. The objective of NBAI is to promote bilateral relations and business in general between India and Norway, to facilitate the exchange of views and information between Norwegian companies and other companies in India in which there is a direct or indirect Norwegian interest.
There is an increasing amount of Norwegian companies getting established in India, by April 2013, more than 130 companies were present. The current growth in Indo – Norwegian economic and commercial ties is fueled not only by India’s growth, potential and overall attractiveness to foreign investors, but also by complementarities of interest in sectors such as deep off-shore, shipping, hydro-electricity, information technology, bio-technology and light consumer goods.
On his appointment as Chairperson, Captain Passey addressed “I am honoured to be taking on this important role from Richard, who has so ably helmed the association to date, and look forward to working closely with our member companies, with the support of the Board, Embassy and Innovation Norway. This is an excellent moment to strengthen the Norway - India partnership and the association will be fully engaged in working to enhance the bilateral economic relationship.”
Supplementing the Chair, the Norwegian Business Association India has put together an outstanding group of industry professionals to lead the organization into 2017.
1) Chairman - Capt Navin Passey (Wallem Ship Management India)
2) Vice-Chairman - Capt Kishore Sunderesan (Kongsberg Digital)
3) Treasurer - Derick Dias (DNB Bank, India)
4) Ashish Gharpure (Aker Solutions)
5) Thor Eric Harestad (Kongsberg Maritime)
6) T.F.Jayasurya (Windsim India)
7) Pankaj Sharma (Telenor India)
8) Unni Silkoset (Laerdal Medical India)
9) Bredo Erichsen (Statkraft India)
10) Ganesh Shenoy (MTR Foods India)
1) H.E. Ambassador of Norway to India - Nils Ragnar Kamsvåg
2) Consul General - Torbjørn Holthe
3) Director Innovation Norway - Helge Tryti