The aim of the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ and the Embassy’s support to culture is a strong and independent cultural sector within the civil society in order to protect, promote and respect cultural rights.
Prioritized activities are ones that help enhance artistic freedom, professionalism in the cultural sector, institutional development, competence/capacity building of cultural institutions and support to cultural rights.
Applicants that can document their efforts to be ‘change agents’ and also help create greater economic development within the creative sector, may apply.
The grant applicant can be from the field of music, dance, theatre, literature or any other form of art or can be a service provider for the arts with a documented experience of at least 5 years. This grant is for organizations/institutions, networks or entities.
About the application to the Embassy:
- Cover letter with a concept note (not exceeding 2000 words)
- The applicants must show written record of their work.
- The applicants must provide references (minimum two) from previous work/achievements/commitments in the mentioned field.
- The applicants must have Indian government clearance for receiving funds from the Embassy (FCRA certificate).
- Request grant amount may be up to 1 million NOKs per year for up to 3 years.
- Application must be submitted (signed and printed) to the Embassy in the attached format along with supporting documentation. E-mail applications will not be considered. Envelopes should clearly say ‘Application for Culture projects- 2017’
- Only email enquiries (up to 3 per applicant) will be responded to. No phone enquiries.
Deadline: Friday 28th April 2017
Further information on the Embassy’s website. Enquires can be directed to email@example.com