Before you apply
- You should apply well in advance and as a rule no later than 15 days before you plan to travel. Due to the courier sending of documents in some countries, we recommend that you apply at least 4 weeks prior to your planned departure.
- You may submit your application up to six months before your planned departure, or up to nine months for seafarers.
- We recommend that you do not buy your ticket until a visa has been granted.
- You must register your application online before you can hand in the required documentation.
- When you hand in your application, you will be asked to provide fingerprints, unless your fingerprints have been collected within the last 59 months.
In order to apply for a visa from Ghana you must either be a citizen of Ghana or legally reside here.
All applications for visas should be submitted at the Visa Application Centre (VFS) in Accra. Applicants can no longer submit applications directly to the Norwegian Embassy in Accra. All enquiries should also be directed to the VFS Application Centre.