The main responsibility of the trade and economic adviser will be to assist and promote Norwegian businesses and companies in Egypt. Relevant tasks include:
- respond to inquiries from Norwegian companies
- plan, organize and follow-up visits, events and meetings that promote Norwegian technology and businesses, and trade and cooperation between Norway and Egypt
- provide policy analysis and briefings on economic developments, government policy and market developments
- monitor, identify and suggest solutions to challenges faced by Norwegian companies trying to access and operate in the Egyptian market
- build and develop a network of relevant stakeholders in public and private sector
- prepare briefing materials, speaking points, speeches, and presentations for senior diplomats.
Working at the Norwegian Embassy offers a unique opportunity to grow professionally, while collaborating with a committed group of individuals in promoting Norwegian interests in Egypt and Libya. For more information about the Embassy and our work, visit our webpage, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- University degree in business, economics, international relations or related field
- At least five years of relevant work experience in business/trade related job
- Professional fluency in English and Arabic
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, experience writing analysis and reports
- Computer literacy, including good command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong networking abilities
The successful candidate will be someone with strong interpersonal skills, service-mindedness, and the ability to maintain confidentiality of information. We are committed to improving standards and procedures and we are looking for like-minded employees.
We are looking for someone who is structured and analytical, with the ability to work quickly and reliably with little supervision, while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Terms and conditions
We offer good opportunities for personal and professional development, diverse and motivating tasks, a dynamic, challenging and very good working environment, salary according to qualifications, local medical insurance and a good pension scheme.
Starting date will be 2 January 2023 or as soon as possible thereafter. There is a three months probationary period. The position is full time (100%), with 37,5 working hours per week. Employment contract will be governed by Egyptian law; however, income tax shall be paid to Norway as per the Agreement of Avoidance of Double Taxation between the Kingdom of Norway and the Arab Republic of Egypt.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and CV in English by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 October 2022. Applications received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration. Applications without an application letter will not be considered. Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Questions may be addressed to Head of Development and Business Cooperation, Counsellor Arild Oksnevad (Tel.: 02 2728 3909).