The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Cairo is seeking a dynamic and able individual for the position of political analyst (adviser) to join its political team. The main tasks include providing political analysis, media analysis, civil society engagement and assisting with managing social media platforms and communications. Interested candidates should submit their applications by 15 April 2021.
Working at the Norwegian Embassy offers a unique opportunity to grow professionally, while collaborating with a committed group of individuals in promoting Norwegian interests in Egypt and Libya. For more information on the Embassy and our work, visit our webpage, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- Master’s degree in political science or similar is required.
- Documented analytical skills, political insight and contextual understanding is essential, as well as being able to coherently communicate and present analytical work.
- Fluent speaking/reading/writing in English and Arabic is required.
- Good drafting skills as well as computer literacy, including good command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), as well as social media proficiency, is required.
- The ability to work quickly and reliably with little supervision to meet challenging targets.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in all workloads.
- Relevant work experience in the field of international relations is an advantage.
We are looking for an excellent team player with flexibility and a positive attitude, to work in a forward thinking, modern and motivating work environment. Strong interpersonal skills, a service orientation, and the ability to maintain confidentiality of information is required. We are committed to improving standards and procedures and we are looking for like-minded employees.
We hope you are someone who sees merit in being an excellent representative for the Embassy.
Terms and conditions
We offer good opportunities for personal and professional development, diverse and motivating tasks, a dynamic, challenging and very good working environment, salary according to qualifications, local medical insurance and pension scheme.
Start-up date will be 8 August 2021.There is a three months probationary period.
The position is full time (100%), with 37,5 working hours per week. Employment contract will be governed by Egyptian law, however income tax shall be paid to Norway as per the Agreement of Avoidance of Double Taxation between the Kingdom of Norway and the Arab Republic of Egypt.
Interested candidates should submit their applications by 15 April 2021 by email to email@example.com Questions may be addressed to Minister Counsellor Annika Evensen (Tel.: 02 2728 3904) after 11 April. Applications received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.