The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Cairo is seeking a dynamic and able individual for the position of Personal Assistant (PA) for the Ambassador. Working at the Norwegian Embassy offers a unique opportunity to grow professionally, while collaborating with a committed group of individuals in promoting Norwegian interests in Egypt and Libya. For more information on the Embassy, visit our webpage, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Interested candidates should submit their applications by 15 April 2021.
Basic functions of position and responsibilities
The PA will join the Embassy’s administrative team and performs complex administrative work in addition to assisting the Ambassador, managing networks and contacts, including digital document management and archiving.
He or she will assist in maintaining Embassy databases, social media platforms, and other external relations.
• Two years college or university is required. Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, business administration or a related degree is an advantage.
• Knowledge of computer networking systems and computer hardware is essential.
• Fluent speaking/reading/writing in English and Arabic is required.
• Good drafting skills are required.
• The ability to remain customer-focused, courteous and maintain performance under pressure.
• The ability to work quickly and reliably with little supervision to meet challenging targets.
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail in all workloads.
We are looking for an excellent team player as well as flexibility and a positive attitude, to work in a forward thinking, modern and motivated work environment.
Strong interpersonal skills, a service orientation, and the ability to maintain confidentiality of information is required. We are committed to improving standards and procedures and we are looking for like-minded employees.
We hope you are someone who sees merit in being an excellent representative for the Embassy.
Terms and conditions
We offer good opportunities for personal and professional development, diverse and motivating tasks, a dynamic, challenging and very good working environment, salary according to qualifications, local medical insurance and pension scheme.
Start-up date will be mid/late October 2021. There is a six months probationary period. The position is full time (100%), with 37,5 working hours per week. Employment contract will be governed by Egyptian law, however income tax shall be paid to Norway as per the Agreement of Avoidance of Double Taxation between the Kingdom of Norway and the Arab Republic of Egypt.
Interested candidates should submit their applications by 15 April 2021 by email to email@example.com. Questions may be addressed to Minister Counsellor Annika Evensen (Tel.: 02 2728 3904) after 11 April. Applications received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.