Before you apply
- You should apply well in advance and as a rule no later than 15 days before you plan to travel. Due to the courier sending of documents in some countries, we recommend that you apply at least 4 weeks prior to your planned departure.
- You may submit your application up to six months before your planned departure, or up to nine months for seafarers.
- We recommend that you do not buy your ticket until a visa has been granted.
- You must register your application online before you can hand in the required documentation.
- When you hand in your application, you will be asked to provide fingerprints, unless your fingerprints have been collected within the last 59 months.
In order to apply for a visa from China you must either be a citizen of China or legally reside here.
If you plan to visit more than one Schengen country in the course of one trip, you must submit your application to the embassy or consulate of the country that is your main destination. If you plan to visit several Schengen countries and the main destination cannot be determined, you must apply for the visa at the Embassy/Consulate of the Member State that is your first entry to the Schengen area.