Job title: Communications and Projects Officer
Situation: The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (37,5 hours per week) Start date: Vacant now. Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization. Competitive salary.
Job location: Royal Norwegian Consulate General (CG) in Shanghai.
Job content: Promotion of Norway, including media outreach, communications, business, science and technology, sustainability solutions within different fields and academic cooperation. Projects and events implementation. Some translation and interpretation. Tasks within other sections of the CG when needed. This position will be further developed when the new employee assumes the position.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Be head of the team operating the CG’s information channels, including website, social media etc. Develop and manage the Consulate’s social media strategy
- Maintain the CG’s media contact database and other routine work
- Facilitate and follow-up events. Manage business promotion and educational and research projects, in close cooperation with other colleagues and Norwegian and Chinese partners
- Do research and collect information for use in reports and background material
- Support Norwegian delegations coming to China and Chinese delegations going to Norway
- Various interpretation and translation tasks.
- The position will be further developed according to the candidate’s skillset
- University degree in Journalism/Communications, International Relations, Foreign Policy/Studies, Economics, Political Science, Public Policy, Business Administration, English
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with one or more government agencies, foreign enterprises, NGOs, academic research institutes, and private enterprises doing public relations, communications, research/reporting and/or program management is required
- Broad knowledge of Chinese society, media environment, economic and social conditions in Eastern China as well as familiarity with government, academia, and the business community is required. A network within one or several of these fields
- Understanding of the structure of Chinese government institutions and operations.
- Fluency in English and Chinese (Mandarin), written and spoken. (This will be tested)
- Computer, mass media and social media skills
- Desirable, not obligatory: Knowledge about Norway, Norwegian cultural life, business and society and basic knowledge of Norwegian or any other Scandinavian language
- Ability to cooperate, be flexible, adaptive and work well in teams
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks within deadlines
- Creativity and ability to take initiatives
- Good networking skills
- Positive attitude, commitment and enthusiasm
- Honesty, reliability and courage
How to apply:
- Submit your application, including CV, diploma, previous jobs, written references from previous employers, passport photo to firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Application. Communications and Projects Officer” in the subject field. The CV must be in English.
- Application deadline: 10 mars 2021
- For further information contact Consul Hedda Himle Skandsen (Hedda.Himle.Skandsen@mfa.no)
About the Royal Norwegian Consulate General in Shanghai:
We have our offices at the 17th floor, Bund Centre, 222 East Yan’an Road in Shanghai, together with Innovation Norway and the Norwegian Seafood Council. The Consulate General has a total staff of 15 people, of which four are diplomats from Norway. Our mission is to strengthen and promote the relations between Norway and China within culture, media, business, education, and science. On many projects and events, we work closely with Innovation Norway, the Norwegian Seafood Council, with our colleagues in Beijing, Guangzhou and Oslo among others, and with the Norwegian Business Association China. For more information, see https://www.norway.no/en/china/norway-china/