Adviser - Guangzhou
Would you like to work as part of a team promoting Norway in Guangzhou? We are a small Consulate General with a dynamic team of 14 persons, covering a broad range of issues within the four provinces Guangdong, Fujian, Guangxi and Hainan
The Norwegian Consulate General in Guangzhou is now recruiting a one year temporary adviser position (full time), with the possibility for extension. We are looking for a new colleague with an academic degree (preferably a master degree), who is creative, analytical, flexible, self-driven and who enjoys working in a fast-moving environment. You must have a vast knowledge of South China, intercultural understanding and good analytic and communication skills, be efficient, flexible, service-minded and fluent in English. Fluent command of written and spoken Scandinavian language would be a strong asset. Command of Chinese an asset.
As our new Adviser, you will:
- Develop a strong network from local authorities, academia, business community, the media, and others concerned with political and economic issues in South China
- Identify areas for analysis of bilateral interest between South China and Norway in the political and economic sector, with special focus on climate change, sustainable ocean economy and the green shift.
- Collect, analyse, and interpret data related to the energy matrix in the region and transition to renewable energy
- Update and advise the CG and relevant mission staff on political and economic developments in South China.
- Contribute to the CG’s social media channels.
- Write speeches and prepare presentations and other material for the CG and relevant mission staff.
- Answer general requests for information from the public and business community.
Does this sound like you? If so, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 20th of December 2021.
The cover letter should not be longer than 300 words in total. Applications that do not conform to the above standards will not be considered.
Salary range: To be fixed, dependent on experience and qualifications
For answers to any additional questions, please contact;
Consul General Hege Araldsen (+86 188 1396 1701), or
Consul Knut Granli (+86 188 2641 0946)