The Mission of Norway to the EU and the Royal Norwegian Embassy to Belgium have offices in “Norway House”, in the EU/Schuman area. With our 60 staff members we are Norway’s largest foreign mission. The Mission and Embassy share a common administration and support team.
We are now looking for a second driver / technical assistant to replace a trusted and long-term employee who will retire spring 2024. The successful candidate is dynamic, positive, and a service-minded person who will drive the ambassadors and visiting VIPs and who will also be able to perform easy maintenance work and technical assistance.
Main tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Driver for the two Ambassadors and visiting VIPs, as well as for other staff members if needed
- Messenger services
- Coordination of tasks with the Ambassadors’ personal assistants and other relevant staff
- Organizing driving tasks to guarantee safe and punctual arrival of passengers at their destinations
- Cleaning and maintenance of the official cars
- Maintenance tasks such as small repairs and installations in offices and official residences,
- Purchase and maintenance of equipment
- Supervision of external workers when needed
- Preparation of and purchases ahead of official functions, in cooperation with the ambassadors’ personal assistants and/or the service staff in the residence
- Other tasks as supervised by the Head of Administration
- Valid driver’s license and good knowledge of traffic rules.
- Minimum five years of general driving experience.
- Good knowledge of English and French.
- High degree of flexibility. Work beyond normal working hours will be required frequently.
- Robust physical and mental health.
- Ability to exercise full discretion and confidentiality.
- Professionalism, courtesy, accountability and dedication.
- No criminal record.
- Relevant experience in general maintenance and handywork
- Good organizational skills, be able to follow instructions, and work independently
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office programs.
- Experience from driving in Brussels
- Relevant driving experience (embassy driver, police, ambulance)
- Experience in general maintenance and handywork
- Knowledge of Dutch
- 1 year contract starting March 2024. Possibility of permanent contract.
- A pleasant and inclusive working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Work contract with local law as reference
- Salary by qualifications and in line with corresponding positions
Questions regarding the position can be directed to the Head of administration at the Norwegian Mission, Ms. Kristin Barsten, tel. 32 2 238 74 36.
Application with CV must be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com clearly marked “Application Driver”, by 3 December 2023.
The following documents must be attached:
- Photo (taken in the last 6 months)
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Copy of valid residence permit in Belgium and/or Copy of national ID-card/ passport
- Certificate of no criminal record