Before you apply

Find out what type of residence permit you need, e.g. in connection with work, studies, family immigration or to stay in Norway as an au pair. You will find information on the different types of residence permit on UDI’s website

In order to apply for a residence permit from Australia you must either be a citizen of Australia or have a residence permit in Australia. The residence permit must have been valid for at least the last six months before you apply for the residence permit.

Once you have lodged an application, the Embassy will only correspond with you regarding your case using the email address you used when you registered your application online. Please ensure that you have access to this email and that you check it regularly, including the junk inbox, so you do not miss important updates or requests from the Embassy.

If you wish to allow another person, including your reference person, to make enquiries or receive information on your behalf, you must provide a written Power of Attorney. The form for granting Power of Attorney is available for download on both VFS Global and UDI's websites. The Power of Attorney only applies to one specific case. The Embassy strongly recommends that you provide a Power of Attorney if you have any issues discussing your case in English or Norwegian.