Before you apply
- The embassy only receives applications from Norwegian citizens. If you wish to apply for an Immigrant's passport or travel document, please see the UDI's website.
- All applications must be submitted in person at the embassy in Canberra. Applicants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by at least one parent/legal guardian.
- The embassy will try to travel to New Zealand and Perth once a year to receive applications for passports at the consulates. However, this cannot be guaranteed. When a decision has been made to travel and a date has been set, information will be published on our website and on the online appointment portal.
- Alternatively, all applicants may apply in Norway or at another Norwegian embassy abroad.
- Before you make an appointment to apply for a Norwegian passport, please ensure the following:
- You have been issued with an 11 digit personal number.
- You have all the required documentation.
- If you have ever changed your name, the name change must be registered in the Norwegian National Population Register. All applicants must ensure that they are registered in the National Population Register with the same name they use in their country of residence. Please note that the passport can only be printed in the name you are registered under in the Register.
- If you emigrated from Norway between 1960 and 1975, please contact the embassy to verify if you are registered correctly in the National Population Register.