The Norwegian Embassy in Canberra, with support from the Honorary Consulates in Oceania, work to promote Norwegian businesses, goods and services, and Norway as a travel destination. The Embassy assists Norwegian industry, institutions, and companies in establishing and maintaining their relationship with primarily Australian counterparts and contacts.
The Embassy in Canberra represents Norway in Australia, the Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Samoa, and Vanuatu.
Job Objective/Main Tasks
- Main contact person for the Embassy to promote and assist Norwegian businesses in Oceania and support Innovation Norway as required.
- Main Embassy contact with other Team Norway actors such as Norwegian Energy Partners
- Responding to requests from Norwegian companies on market information/opportunities in Australia & New Zealand
- Responsible for writing draft speeches, briefs and reports on specific topics related to business issues for the Ambassador.
- Represent the Embassy at external business events across the region. I.e., Industry exhibitions/conventions both digital (webinars) and physical attendance.
- Assist with the implementation of culture grants for the Embassy
- Perform any other official duty within the area of responsibility of the position as required by the Ambassador and/or his/her appointee
- Good English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently to achieve requirements and deadlines, while also being a motivated team player
- Experience in a diplomatic mission will be welcome but not a prerequisite
- Proficiency in a Scandinavian or other languages would be an advantage
- Some travel may be required
- Preferred start within second quarter 2023.
- Valid residence permit in Australia
- Higher education or relevant experience (i.e., private sector experience)
- Fluency in English is essential
- Based in Canberra / On-site job
- Varied and interesting tasks
- Highly motivated colleagues and a friendly, social working environment
- Necessary training is provided
How to apply
Send us your application letter and supporting documents (educational certificates, references with contact info from two or three most recent employers) to:
Royal Norwegian Embassy
17 Hunter Street
Yarralumla, ACT 2600
The deadline for application is: 7 April 2023
Only short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with local regulations.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com