The position is located at the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Yarralumla, Canberra. The Embassy has a total of nine staff members. The position is vacant from May 2018. The position reports to the Head of Chancery.
The incumbent will contribute to work related to consular affairs and the processing of visa/residence applications. The incumbent will also perform other tasks required by Head of Mission.
The position is highly process-orientated with a daily production cycle and will include assessing passport/visa/other permit applications, interviewing applicants and processing documents.
The Embassy offers varied and interesting tasks, highly motivated colleagues and a focus on providing a good working environment. All necessary training will be provided.
- Ability to correctly interpret and follow relevant legislation and guidelines in a client-focused environment, and exercising good judgement in decision-making.
- Excellent attention to detail, particularly when performing repetitive tasks, and the ability to switch between tasks at various stages of completion to respond to competing demands.
- Ability to work as an effective and positive team member, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including face-to-face and telephone client interaction and a range of written correspondence. Fluency in English (native speaker level) is essential; knowledge of a Scandinavian language would be advantageous.
- An aptitude for IT-based and technical work processes, including experience using Microsoft Office products, particularly MS Word and Excel.
- Experience working for an Embassy on immigration, consular and protocol matters is desirable.
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with local regulations. Applicants must have Australian citizenship or a work permit in Australia. There will be a probationary period of three months.
How to apply
To apply for the position, please include your current Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience in relation to the selection criteria above.
Applications must be received by 5:00 pm on Friday 20 April 2018.
Applications with attachments should be submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding the position, please contact us by e-mail: email@example.com
Applications received after deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.