Residence permit

Citizens of Angola, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC / Kongo Kinshasa), the Republic of Congo (RC / Congo Brazzaville), São Tomé and Principe, Gabon and Equatorial Guinea need a residence permit in order to work or take up residence for longer than 90 days in Norway.

For nationals of other countries:

  • Nationals of EU/EEA countries do not need a residence permit to stay or work in Norway. However, all nationals of EU/EEA countries who want to stay for longer than three months must register with the police.
  • Nationals of non-EU/EEA countries who want to work in Norway or to stay for longer than 90 days need a residence permit.

The Directorate of Immigration (UDI) normally processes applications for a residence permit.