The Personal Assistant will work closely with the Ambassador, and daily tasks can include:
- Organising the ambassador’s calendar and making appointments
- Writing letters, reports and note verbale
- Translation, oral and written, and interpreting
- Taking minutes of meetings
- Attending to protocol, related to official functions at the Embassy
- Liaising with Afghan authorities, in particular Ministries
- Being a contact point for other Embassies and international organisations
The candidate must have a recognised qualification in administration or secretarial skills, at tertiary degree or diploma level.
The successful applicant must be fluent in written and oral English, Dari and Pashtu, have good organizational skills and excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office), integrity and good interpersonal skills.
- Good written and spoken skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Able to prioritise
- Excellent administrative skills
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- The ability to work independently
- Tact and discretion, in dealing with confidential information.
Proven experience is important: a minimum of 3 years experience in similar positions, preferably within Embassies, UN or international NGOs.
The Royal Norwegian Embassy offers a two year contract in a good working environment and a competitive salary package.
Female applicants are encouraged.
Written applications with a recent CV, and minimum two references, can be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, 10 September 2019.