The Personal Assistant will work closely with the Ambassador, and tasks include:
- Organizing the ambassador`s calendar and making appointments
- Writing letters, reports and Diplomatic Notes
- Translation, oral and written, and interpreting
- Taking minutes of meetings
- Attending to protocol related to official functions at the Embassy and the Residence
- Liaising with Afghan authorities, in particular Ministries
- Being a contact point for other Embassies and international organizations
- Other administrative tasks in cooperation with the administrative team
The candidate must have a recognized qualification in administration or secretarial skills, at tertiary degree or diploma level and/or have higher education.
The successful applicant must be fluent in written and oral English, Dari and/or Pashtu, have good organizational skills and excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office), integrity and good interpersonal skills.
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Able to prioritize
- Experience from strategic communication and social media
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- The ability to work independently
- Tact and discretion in dealing with confidential information
Must have minimum three years’ experience in a similar or comparable position, preferably within Embassies, UN or international NGOs, Government institutions or civil society organizations.
We value professionalism, teamwork, and a focus on results, as well as integrity and good interpersonal skills.
The Royal Norwegian Embassy offers a fulltime position, a good working environment and a competitive salary package. Final appointment will be preceded by a 12-month probationary period.
Female applicants are encouraged.
Written applications with CV, and minimum two references, can be sent by e-mail to email@example.com no later than 15 March 2021, with subject heading: “Vacancy - Personal Assistant”