Norway is a strong and long-term partner of Afghanistan. Events that are hosted at the residence of the Ambassador and the Embassy are important representative functions entertaining high-level Afghan leaders and members of the Diplomatic Corps. The staff at the residence are trusted employees and key for the overall and professional performance at such events.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare food for the Ambassador and for receptions and formal seated dinners (fine dining);
- Prepare food for events at the Embassy;
- Ensure cleanliness and efficient operations of the kitchen;
- Purchase food and other items;
- Keep accounts;
- Support the Housekeeper’s work and substitute when necessary;
- Other tasks as assigned according to the requirements of the Embassy at any given time.
- Ability to work and deliver results under pressure;
- Be independent, have the ability to take initiatives and show creativity;
- Have the highest hygienic standards;
- Team spirit
Qualifications and experience
- Completion of secondary school and culinary education and training;
- A minimum of three years relevant work experience as a Chef at a diplomatic representation; restaurant or any other facility that provides fine dining;
- International level chef with ability to prepare both European and Afghan meals;
- Good management and planning skills;
- Good command of English;
The Embassy offers a good working environment and a competitive salary package. We value professionalism, teamwork, and a focus on results.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Please send your application and résumé, specifying a minimum of three references, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 19 April 2018.